1. You will need a Facebook user account
2. Go to https://developers.facebook.com/
3. Click on
4. Register and Verify your account
5. Enter a name for your Facebook app (you may choose a name that refers to your platform, like “Apps Maker Company”). This name will be shown to the app users when they would want to create an account on the mobile app through Facebook connect.
6. On the page “Select a Scenario“, select “Integrate Facebook Login“
7. Go to Settings > Basic in the left menu.
Here are the App ID and the Secret you will use in Mobimatic.
- In the app Editor > Settings > APIs
This one will be specific to the app. The advantage is that you can choose a name for your Facebook app that matches the name of your app, with the same icon. This way, when an app user uses the Facebook login, Facebook will display an app asking for users’ consent that has the same name as the app.
copy and paste your “App ID” and “App secret” in your App Editor ettings > APIs
8. After creating the Facebook key for the app, in your App Editor, go to Settings > APIs and copy the Callback URLs
9. From the Facebook settings left menu, click on “Facebook Login” > “Settings” and paste the URLs then click on “Save changes”
- https://localhost/callback is used on phones and tablets.
- https://your.domain.com/592ed1d162310?login_fb=true is specific to the html5 website of your app.
10. Go back to Settings > Basic menu. In the App Domains field, left it blank. For Category, select “Utility & Productivity“.
12. Click on “+Add Platform” and choose “Website“:
13. In the Site URL field enter the address of your platform (aka your Mobimatic) and this time with “http://”, and “www.” if your platform is on your main domain. If it’s on a subdomain, enter your subdomain like http://apps.mydomain.com. also Enter the URL to your domain name, and http://*.yourdomain.com (if your Mobimatic AppBuilder is at mobimatic.domain.com enter http://*.domain.com”. Then save.
(We recommend you to set both “http” and “https” address, and so 6 entries)
Example for http://app.mobimatic.com: http://app.mobimatic.com, http://mobimatic.com, http://*.mobimatic.com, https://app.mobimatic.com, https://mobimatic.com, https://*.mobimatic.com,
14. You can also add an app icon for your app. It’s not mandatory but your Facebook app will be more professional with an icon when the user will be invited to connect with their Facebook account. Click on “Save Changes“.
16. Click on Confirm.
17. You’re done!