Publishing Your Android App is Just a 3 step Process.
Step 1 – Download Your Apk From Mobimatic
Step 2 – Create A Google Developer Account (If you don’t already have one)
Step 3 – Upload Your Apk to Google Playstore
Download Your App From Mobimatic
Android application package (APK) is the package file format used by the Android operating system for distribution and installation of mobile apps and middleware. Mobimatic generates the apk for you.
Login to your mobimatic dashboard
Edit the app you want to download apk for.
Now Click ‘Generate apk‘
It takes about 10 hours on the average for the system to build an apk file.
You have to wait for the apk to be generated.
After the apk has been generated you will now be able to download the apk.
To download, click on ‘ Download Latest apk‘
If you don’t see the download link there, then check your mailbox
You have successfully downloaded your apk.
Open A Google Developer Account
To publish apps on the google play store and make it available to all android users you need to have a google developer account. To get a google developer account, you have to pay a one time fee of $25 directly to google. This is a registration fee google charges all developers. Its a one time fee and after that you can publish unlimited apps on google app store.
- Login to your normal google account.
- Visit https://play.google.com/apps/publish/signup/
- Accept the Google Play Developer Distribution Agreement
- Click on ‘Continue to Payment’
- You will be redirected to the payment page where you make payment of a $25 USD one-time registration fee that you can pay with the following credit or debit cards:MasterCard
Discover (U.S. only)
Visa Electron (Outside of the U.S. only)
Note: The types of cards accepted may vary by location.
- Complete your account details
Type your account details. Your “Developer name” is displayed to customers on Google Play Store. You can add more account information after you’ve created your account.
Upload Your App
The next step is to upload your app to the app store.
Get your assets ready…
This is what you will need
App Name : Creative Name For Your app e.g BI L
App Icon: An icon image for your app (512px by 512px)
App Description : Long and short description for your app
App Images: 3 Images to illustrate your app: It could be screenshots or any other image to illustrate you app.
1. Click All Applications and then click Create application.
2. Select your Default language, enter your app Title and click Create.
3. The Store Listing tab.
4. In Product Details enter the Short and Full description of your app.
5. In Graphic Assets, for Hi-res icon click + Add high-res icon or drop the icon to add your app icon (512×512).
6. Then for Phone Screenshots, click BROWSE FILES or drop a screenshot to add screenshots of your app.
You must provide at least 2 screenshots of your app.
7. Feature Graphic. Click + Add feature graphic or Drop a Feature Graphic. This image will be displayed at the top of your Store Listing page in the Play Store.
8. You can also add a Promo Graphic and a Promo Video (YouTube video URL) to promote your app, but it is optional.
9. In Categorization, select your Application Type, Category, and Content Rating.
10. In Contact Details, enter your Website, Email and Phone number (optional).
12. Click Save Draft.
13. Click on the App releases tab, and click on Manage Production.
14. Click on Create release.
15. For the message, Google Play App Signing, click on OPT-OUT.
Then drag and drop your APK file or click BROWSE FILES, and browse to your APK file
16. Click the Content Rating tab. Review the information and click Continue
17. Enter your email address.
18. Select a category and complete the questionnaire.
19. Once you have completed the questionnaire, click Save questionnaire.
Then click on Calculate rating,
and to finish click Apply rating.
20. Click the Pricing & Distribution tab.
21. Choose the User programs (generally Google Play for Work), then choose your app’s type, Free or Paid.
If you want to publish a paid app, you must add a merchant account to your Google Play Account.
Note: Once an app is published as Free, it is not possible to change to Paid.
22. In Countries, select Available to distribute your app in all regions, or select specific countries from the list.
23. In Primarily Child-Directed, select if your app is directed towards children or not.
In Contains Ads, select if your app contains ads or not (if you use AdMob for your app select Yes).
24. In User Programs, you can choose to opt-in to the Google Play for Education option (optional), and in Consent to the Marketing opt-out option (also optional).
25. In Consent, read the Android Content guidelines and select the check-box to indicate that your app meets the guidelines.
Then read the US export laws, and select the check-box.
26. Click Save Draft.
27. Click the App content tab and click on START.
28. Select the target age groups of your app then click on NEXT.
29. Answer the question and click on NEXT.
30. Check your answers and click on SUBMIT.
31. If everything is alright, the App releases, Store Listing, Content Rating, App content, and Pricing & distribution tabs will have a green checkmark. If not, something is missing
32. Return to App releases tab and click on Edit release.
Then click on Review.
Click on Start rollout to production.
And to finish click on Confirm.
Voila! Your app is published.
(The status of your app is now Pending publication and it will be available on the Google Play Store within few hours.)